Join USATF Masters Track & Field (MTF) Athletes, keeping fit and making lifelong friendships.
MTF Athletes are from 35 yrs old and up, from beginner to World Record holding athletes! Athletes 30 to 34 years of age are welcome to compete in masters meets, including national championships, as sub-masters.
MTF offers events, clubs, and competition from the local to the international level!
- The following events are typically offered at masters track meets: sprints, hurdles, middle distance and distance events, steeplechase, pole vault, high jump, long jump, triple jump, race walk, shot put, discus throw, javelin, weight throw, hammer throw, superweight throw, and relays. There are also pentathlons, heptathlons, decathlons, throws pentathlons, and ultra-weight pentathlons at some meets.
- To get started you may want to attend an event. There you will see the wonderful community surrounding masters track and field in action!
- Check the EVENTS section listings often as meets are constantly added, also look on the USATF Calendar.
- You can usually find someone willing to answer your questions at an event or on our social media accounts or use our contact form.
- Check the Regions page to see what Associations are in your area. Associations can supply additional information about local clubs, training facilities, and group training opportunities.
- There are many Track & Field Clubs throughout the country, they are sanctioned by USATF, the National Governing Body of all track and field in the United States. To learn more about clubs look here.
- Becoming a USATF MEMBER offers numerous membership benefits, including sports accident insurance, discounts, eligibility for certain competitions, and member publications.
- There are likely competitions open to masters in your area; both indoor and outdoor track and field meets are found on the USATF Calendar, Coach-O and Direct Athletics websites. Many youth and open teams and events will welcome masters athletes.
- Check out the FOR ATHLETES to find additional information on competing.
- Consider becoming a volunteer, there are many ways to get involved with MTF! The first step is to become a member and contact your association.
- Connect with us on Social Media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.