The USATF 2020 Annual Meeting is coming up shortly (December 3 – 6). This year it is being held virtually. It is during the Annual Meeting that the Masters Track & Field (MTF) Committee conducts its business, sets policies for MTF, and members of the Committee vote on rules change proposals, election of delegates to WMA meetings, and, this year, elects its officers for the next four years. To become a voting delegate, you must either be designated by your USATF Association as their representative on the MTF Committee or you must be selected as one of the 34 active athlete members of the Committee.
In order to be eligible to become an Active Athlete delegate at the Annual Meeting you must first register for the meeting – the last day for on-time registration is November 15, 2020; late registration continues through the Annual Meeting. Then download fill out and return the attached form and submit it via email to MTF Committee Secretary Amanda Scotti at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are due no later than 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON THE STEPS FOR DOWNLOADING AND RETURNING THE ACTIVE ATHLETE REGISTRATION FORM:
- Download the form
- Fill it out; if you cannot use the fillable form on your computer, print the form, fill it out by hand, scan it, and send it using your name in the name of the scanned document as below
- Save the form using your name in the document name – for example, John Doe Active Athlete Form
- Send the form as an attachment to email@example.com
Click to Register for the USATF Annual Meeting
Being selected as an active athlete member of the Committee is a multi-stage process:
- Register for the Annual Meeting.
- Submit the form by email before the Annual Meeting to the MTF Committee Secretary (Amanda Scotti at firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 9 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, December 2, 2020. Be sure to include the following:i
- Your current USATF membership number
- Your contact information, including email address
- Your status as a registered delegate at the Annual Meeting (see below)
- The name of a USATF sanctioned competition in which you competed in 2018, 2019, or 2020.
- All information will be verified.
- Attend the Zoom meeting of Active Masters Athletes on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 1:30 pm Eastern Time. A link to the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all those submitting forms on Thursday morning, December 3 by 10:00 am Eastern Time. If more than 34 Active Masters Athletes are registered and submit forms a selection process will take place during that meeting to identify the 34 Active Athlete voting members of the Committee. Also, during that meeting, all the Active Masters Athletes present will elect a representative to sit on the MTF Executive Committee.
To participate in the process and be selected as an active athlete delegate you MUST complete and return the form by Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 9pm Pacific Time.
Only those who have registered to attend the USATF Annual Meeting should complete the form.
Active athletes not selected as voting delegates may participate in MTF Committee discussions; they just cannot vote in the election of officers or on issues such as bids for future championships, rule change proposals, etc. during the 2020 Annual Meeting.