Athletes who are not on the top six in the World list of those eligible for performance-based support from the Team USATF Torun World #1 Program can earn support by competing at the 2019 USATF Masters Indoor Championships in Winston-Salem in March and achieving a result that puts them in the top three among those entered in the WMA Indoor Championships in Torun.
To activate this possibility, athletes must do the following:
- Enter the WMA Championships in Torun
- Compete in the USATF Masters Indoor Championships in Winston-Salem
- Achieve a result that places in the top three among entrants based on seed marks in the Torun Status of Entries
For example, an athlete in the W50 pole vault whose performances in the eligible period (1 January 2017 through 28 January 2019) are not in the top six in the world competes in Winston-Salem and has a result in the PV that would place first among those entered in Torun. That athlete would be eligible for $400 in support through the World #1 Program. If her vault would place her second based on the seed marks entered, she would be eligible for $350; if her vault would place her third, she would be eligible for $300.
Looking at the Torun entries, there are some events and ages that are very lightly contested. Check it out at https://wmaci2019.com/registration-lists/
- Please contact mtfchair at gmail.com with any questions about this addition to the World #1 Program.
- Remember, you must enter the WMA World Indoor Championships before the deadline of 29Jan2019 to be eligible for this program.
- Please contact Rex Harvey: mtfchair at gmail.com with any questions about this addition to the World #1 Program.
- Check out the updated Eligibility List Page