Status of the Team USATF Torun Program
The formal launch of this program is made possible by the fact that the USATF National Office, through CEO Max Siegel and COO Renee Washington, has stepped forward and allocated up to $25,000 from USATF (over and above the regular MTF and MLDR budgets) towards this effort. In addition, an anonymous donor has pledged another $25,000 as a base for a matching donation program. So, we have those $50,000 in pledges so far, subject to raising an additional $50,000 and more. After only a few days and with no formal solicitation, an additional $10,000 has been committed, bringing the total to approximately $60,000. In addition, virtually all members of the MTF Executive Committee have made individual commitments to contribute.
Long-term USATF Masters is seeking a corporate sponsor or year-to-year sponsors for this program. The ultimate goal is to create an endowment of approximately $5 million whose proceeds would allow the program to proceed indefinitely. But with less than three months to the Indoor Championships in Torun, the need is immediate, hence this need for financial buy-in. In this case, we need to rely on ourselves and we need help now to make this happen.
The program is certainly worthy of support and anyone desiring can voluntarily contribute any amount anonymously or openly. If you would like to designate that your donation be used to support a specific athlete or athletes, please make that known and, so long as they are in the top six in the world, your designation will be honored. Become a Facilitator.
All donations to this effort are fully tax-deductible
How to Make a Donations to the World #1 Program
You can support the World #1 Program by making a donation:
1. Through Text2Give (preferred)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING THROUGH TEXT2GIVE:
- Text GIVE to 317-793-3994
- Once this text is sent a reply will be received with a link saying Here’s how to give to USA Track & Field.
- Please enter a number: 1.USATF 2. Masters TF World #1 Torun program (to support this program select 2)
- Enter: How much would you like to give to Masters TF World #1 Torun Program?
- Enter: dollar amount
- You will receive a message saying “Give [amount] to Masters TF World #1 Program?”
- You will be prompted to Enter yes or no
- Enter: yes
- Would you like this gift to be recurring? Enter yes or no.
- Enter: yes or no (based on preference)
- You will receive a Link: Tap this link to complete your gift to Masters TF World #1 Torun Program
- You will be prompted for Payment Info
- Enter card number, exp date and cvc code
- Enter name, email address, billing address
- Complete registration
- Press Complete registration button
- You should then receive notification that your donation is complete and that a receipt has been emailed to you.
Note: You only need to register one time. Subsequent donations do not require accessing the link or entering payment or other information. The process is all done through text with a text notification that the gift amount has been received (a receipt is still emailed as well).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING BY CHECK
- Checks, payable to USATF with the notation “World #1 Program,” may be sent to:
℅ Carroll DeWeese
USATF MTF Treasurer
Birmingham, MI 48009