WMA 2018 World Masters Outdoor Championships
Relay Team Selection
IAAF/WMA RULES FOR RELAYS
Return to Relay Selection page
Return to the Málaga, Spain main page
- One relay team per country, per age group, and per gender for the 4x100 and 4x400 relays to be
held on Sunday,September 16; there are no “B” teams.
- Age Group is determined by age of the youngest member that actually runs; teams can’t arbitrarily
step down to a younger group.
- Country Team Declarations list four to six athletes (four runners and two alternates). Declarations
can only be changed before the Declaration Deadline. After the Deadline, only the four to six
athletes listed are eligible to run; changes to who is running (use of an alternate) and running
order are made in the call room up to one hour before the race.
- An Athlete may only run one 4x100 and one 4x400 but may be listed as an alternate on multiple
- The Team members must be entered in the meet and represent Team USA; (No all-star teams)
- The Team Declaration Deadline has not been announced; it may be earlier than at past